Who We Are
New Harmony Church is a community of believers in Jesus Christ who have been radically saved and transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit. We come from all walks of life. Some of us have had earthly success, some of us have been addicted, some of us have been abandoned, some of us were cheaters, some of us were cheated on, some of us were abused, and some of us were living “good lives.” BUT, all of us needed Jesus, and came to a place where He saved us and gave us new hearts and new desires to live for Him. We’re not perfect, but we serve a Perfect Savior who has promised to finish the good work He begins in us! (Philippians 1:6)
The purpose of New Harmony Church is to equip every member to effectively minister to grow and mature in their faith in order to minister to those in need; to evangelize the lost through the light of the Gospel and the power of prayer, unite them into the fellowship, and experience the presence of God in true worship; first to our community and then around the world.
What We Believe
These are the beliefs that we will not budge on. They are the essentials of what we believe at NHC.
- We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of the universe, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is God’s authoritative, inspired Word. It is without error in all its teachings, including creation, history, its own origins and salvation. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters of belief and conduct.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary atoning death on the Cross, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven, where as truly God and truly man, He is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity and for the Church’s constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power, and mission. Every believer is called to live and walk in the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit so that he will bear fruit to the glory of God and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, each believer has been given a Spiritual Gift to minister to the body of the local church.
- We believe that all people are lost sinners and cannot see the Kingdom of God, except through the new birth, which takes place through repentance of sin and faith toward God. Justification is by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church which is made up of all believers everywhere in the world, and locally the church is a group of baptized believers who are organized to do God’s will. Its calling is to worship God, and witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel among all nations and demonstrating its commitment to compassionate service to the needs of human beings and by promoting righteousness and justice.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion. God will fully manifest His Kingdom when He establishes a new heaven and new earth, in which He will be glorified forever and exclude all evil, suffering, and death.
Constitution and Bylaws
On December 31, 2014, New Harmony Church members voted to updated our Constitution and Bylaws to more accurately reflect the our beliefs on doctrinal and cultural issues facing the church today. None of our core beliefs have changed from what is detailed above. If you are interested in reading further, the you may download the updated Constitution and Bylaws here.